Monday, November 10, 2008

The First Day

Hi,

So, I left the office last Friday with a large bag filled with stuff. Pens, folders, paper-clips, post-it notes... all stuff I probably should have left there, but I really don't think they'll miss it. I did leave the electric stapler and a few Halloween gourds, so I'd say it was an even trade.

It really didn't hit me until this morning that I quit. This past weekend was so action packed, I didn't have time to think.

So far, I slept in later than I thought I would or should. I sent an email to my editor, letting him know my new situation and asking for an update on the manuscript I turned in two months ago. And now, I'm wasting time writing this little entry before I actually get down to the writing.

I haven't looked at the new book for several weeks -- and I'm hoping I'll be able to dive right back in. I hope having much much more time to do so doesn't make it more difficult.

We'll see what happens. I have tons of social invitations this week -- all of a sudden I'm so popular! Also, there are tons of movies I want to check out. But why do they keep raising the price of tickets? Last theater I went to charged 12.50. I guess that's going to be one of my luxuries I'm going to have to cut back on... Netflix will have to do.

Anyway, I'd better get started before the day gets away from me.

No comments: