Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Busiest Year Yet

Hi there,

So this is being a writer... I've got a book out there in the world, another coming out in August, and three due to the publisher before the end of the year. I've been working full-time at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City for the past almost ten years, while trying to have some semblance of a social life.

I must say, it's all very exciting, but MAN it's hard...

But I'm not complaining! I'm so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be this busy.

What makes it worth it:

  • getting letters from readers telling me how much they've enjoyed my books and how they can't wait for the next one.
  • seeing the work out there in stores and on shelves.
  • watching work take on life all around the globe.
  • visiting with readers at schools and libraries and answering amazing questions.
Just a tease: I haven't officially announced my next project, but I'm having a lot of fun working on it. New books are coming out next year. I'll be sure to tell you all about them when I'm allowed to.

Hope your summer is not as sticky as mine, or if it is, that at least you have a nice fan. I do.

Cheers,
Dan

No comments: