Friday, July 24, 2009

The Learning Curve

I've met a few authors in my time--all lovely people. Recently, I had the opportunity to hang out with some new very cool ones, authors, that is.

As my publication date approaches, I've been totally stressed... I don't even know why any more... but talking with other writers, and their own experiences of the publishing process has been enlightening... I finally understand that what I'm feeling is totally normal. That everything that has been happening recently with my book (wonderful and perplexing, both), has happened to many, many people before.

So I just wanted to say, I'm happy I've found I'm not alone in all this craziness. Much of it has been extraordinarily exciting... but I suppose when you're on the verge of materializing one of your long-term dreams, every little thing might start to freak you out. Now that I know that this is just how it all works, I think I can get on with my day.

Just putting it out there... in perspective for myself I suppose, and I'm grateful for the opportunity. So grateful!

Cheers,
Dan

No comments: