Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday morning

Well, here I am, listening to the sounds of construction just outside my bedroom window on a Saturday morning. Not that annoying. Just a little scraping now and again.

Trying to settle into the new apartment, but I seem to have a strong aversion to unpacking boxes. Maybe it's that I know most of them are filled with books. And once you unpack a box of books, they mostly just sit on the floor, especially if you don't have proper bookshelves--so for now, it just seems more organized this way.

I'm not sure what I want to do with my day. I haven't gotten back into a good writing routine ever since I turned in my last manuscript--a while ago--and since I'm waiting for my editorial letter this week, I just feel like anything I put on paper will be interrupted... which, I suppose, is okay...

Went out to see the 1944 version of The Picture of Dorian Gray with a bunch of friends last night at the Rubin Museum on 17th street. Their deal is you can buy a drink at the bar, and get a ticket for the movie screening downstairs... Pretty cool. A few weeks ago, we went to see Gaslight. And August is chock full of options... The Shining. Alice in Wonderland. Labyrinth. ("Starring Jennifer Connelly, David Bowie, and a whole lot of goblins") Tron.

It's a pretty cool place. I think it beats the overly attended, once upon a time fun, Bryant Park Movie night... now that you have to get there right when they open the lawn (430?) just to get a spot, and the wait 5 hours... it doesn't seem to be the lark it used to.

Oh well, things change... NYC especially.

Happy Weekend!
Dan

No comments: